Third New Machinery Installation At TruFrame
Promac Group have begun installing our third brand new BDM FTB-100 A2 cutting and machining centre.
It feels like Christmas all over again at TruFrame following yesterday’s delivery. The arrival of our third BDM means that we are now only awaiting our fourth and final cutting and machining centre – we can’t wait to have them all in action!
The BDM FTB-100 A2 Evo is an 8-axis, servo controlled, high-speed linear cutting and machining centre.
Here are some of the main features of our new machines:
- Twin 4-axis machining turrets provide 360° tool access, whilst operating entirely independently of each other for enhanced movement optimisation
- x3 independent profile clamps allow multiple bar processing, whilst operating on magnetic linear drives (as used on Maglev trains) that allow movement as fast as 15 m/s
- Servo-driven control modules used throughout the machine provides an overall positional accuracy of ±0.2mm (7.5 times less than BSI specified tolerances)
- Broken tool monitoring to ensure preps don’t get missed when drill bits eventually fail
- “Short-piece option” allows accurate processing of pieces as small as 195mm (which means we don’t have to cut them by hand on a chop saw anymore!)
- Type 8 acoustic cabinet significantly reduces noise emissions to provide an improved working environment for our factory operatives.
In all, we anticipate the new machining centres will provide a minimum 50% increase in overall cutting and machining capacity over what we have currently.
In addition, the enhanced accuracy will dramatically improve the finished quality of all our products and will also facilitate the transition to a different manufacturing process (crucifix welding).
Once the last of these four BDM cutting and machining centres has been commissioned we will look to introduce two single head crucifix welders. This will see us change our manufacturing processes from v-notching to arrow heading so we can produce higher quality and more accurate welds with a restriction of just 0.2mm. Everything that’s part of this capital investment programme, which will conclude in Easter 2018, has been geared around productivity, highly accurate product tolerances and quality
TruFrame. Making the best. Better.
Get In Touch
You can reach our sales team at TruFrame by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may wish to call our office directly, on: 01664 410 140.
2nd June 2020
Quality Windows and Doors in Just 5 Days
With the UK slowly emerging from the COVID-19 lockdown, there has never been a more important time to offer top of the range products with a fast turnaround service. We want to help our customers get back on track, and are delighted to continue our five-day turnaround on our standard profile colours. TruFrame has created a solid plan […]Read on
8th February 2019
TruFrame invest to exceed expectations
At Truframe, we believe that the highest quality windows and doors come from innovation and consistent investment in improving production across the board. Our recent investment at our 50,000 sq.ft production plant is a testament to that belief and part of our ongoing strategy for providing unbeatable uPVC products to every one of our customers. […]Read on
20th August 2018
Spend £500 for a chance to win
Visit our Orpington branch and spend £500 on TruFrame products for a chance to win a Makita DMR104 DAB job site radio. Entry is easy, all customers who spend £500* or more will automatically be entered into the draw. There is no limit to how many entries you can have, so the more you spend […]Read on